Wednesday, June 15, 2022

An Open Letter to Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google

Here's a letter I mailed Last July. My name and business address have been deleted. Otherwise the wording is exactly as sent. 

Thus far, no reply has been received

Google, Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.
Mountain View, CA 94043, 
United States

Attention: Sundar Pichai, President and CEO


July 31, 2021

Dear Mr. Pichai

I should be most grateful if you would explain this:

When I do a Google search for a new post on Google's blogger platform such as:

Canspeccy + "Imagine If They Hadn’t Lied To Us For The Last 18 Months"

I get this result:

It looks like there aren't many great matches for your search
Tip Try using words that might appear on the page that you’re looking for. For example, 'cake recipes' instead of 'how to make a cake'.
Need help? Take a look at other tips for searching on Google.
But if I do the same search on Bing, I get this result:
  1. CanSpeccy: Imagine If They Hadn’t Lied To Us For The Last ...

    https://canspeccy.blogspot.com/2021/07/imagine-if-they-hadnt-lied-to...

    10 hours ago · Imagine If They Hadn’t Lied To Us For The Last 18 Months. Town Hall, July 29, 2021: Everybody wrap something around your face again even though they said you wouldn’t need to if you got vaxxed! But they didn’t lie – no, apparently a bunch of people – and not just those evil white nationalist-Christian-gun-Jesus-flag people – are ...

Is this difference between the search engines in result reflective of:
1. The relative utility of Google versus Bing?
2. Censorship of my blog by Google?
3. Some other factor?
Your comment would be much appreciated. 
Yours truly, 
........
AS OF today June 15, 2022: NO RESPONSE RECEIVED, which is a bit different from the reaction when, in the early days of Google, I wrote them to express my concern over their caching my copyright material. Then, I received a prompt, reassuring, and friendly email response from Sergey Brin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment