The BBC reports: The Libyan government says Nato air raids have killed more than 700 civilians since bombing began in March.
Spokesman Moussa Ibrahim said more than 4,000 people had been wounded, but gave no evidence to confirm his figures.
Nato has denied killing large numbers of civilians, saying its air strikes are to protect Libyans from Colonel Gaddafi's forces.
Four powerful explosions were felt in the centre of Tripoli on Tuesday night, Libyan state media reported.
Planes were heard flying over the capital, but it was not possible to determine the targets of the raids. ...
Writing of the Anglo-American military axis, Rick Rozoff reports:
British, French, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Qatari and United Arab Emirate warplanes have flown over 8,000 sorties and more than 3,000 combat missions against Libya since NATO took control of the war on March 31, before which the U.S. and Britain fired at least 160 cruise missiles into the nation. Hours before Cameron and Obama enjoyed their barbecue, NATO warplanes launched a one-hour bombardment of the Libyan capital of Tripoli, the most ferocious attack in more than two months, killing 19 people and injuring over 130 others.
Now Reuters report: NATO said on Wednesday it had extended its Libyan mission for a further 90 days, after Gaddafi made it clear he would not step down, dashing hopes of a negotiated end to the fighting.
Added June 12, 2011: PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE: NATO Bombed Libya's Nasser University