Friday, April 19, 2013

How a Top American University Selects Entrants

"…I can’t tell you how many applications I saw that were just dripping with white male privelege[sic]. Any of those that I saw basically went straight to the garbage can regardless of how good their qualifactions [sic] were. If I saw an application from a white male that basically was just good test scores, and activities like chess club or math club or what not then it shows me this person is not interested in a diverse environment. Obviously he made no effort in integrating with minorities or to sympathize with them and is counting on male privilege to get in. So that kind of application should get ignored. In their place I admitted a female student. This goes double especially for math/science majors."

From the blog of Arianna Pattek, a Georgetown grad student who says she was hired to read and process applications for admissions to the school.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment